Friday, March 12, 2010

It's Walt's fault.

Do you think that animal rights activists decided at a young age that animals were cute furry adorable and "personable" because they have been personified over the years? Walt's Mickey, Warner's Bugs, Mr's Ed, MGM's flipper, may have been the downfall of animals in their place (ie. my plate, at my feet). Where do people get these idea's that animals have the right to sue people. I am an advocate of animal welfare, but animal rights are taking it to an extreme. Is it because "important" and rich people are on the wagon? Do people just want to fit in? All I know is that fighting for the rights of animals by infringing on the rights of people doesn't make sense. I was recommended a book recently, "A rat is a pig is a dog is a boy". The title of the book was taken for a quote by Ingrid Newkirk, the founder and president of PETA, the money behind the "rage" and "injustice" of the animal rights endeavors. I don't think I'd take Alec Baldwin's advice on how to raise a daughter, so why would I take his advice on how to treat an animal as an equal? I'm all for cute cuddly animals, but I'm all for cute cuddly animals in their place, at my feet.

1 comment:

  1. Don't Tread On Me!July 14, 2010 at 8:59 PM

    The real threat is HSUS. They stick an actress on the tv and show you pictures of cute little puppy's and kittens and then beg for money to fund the local shelters. Little do people know that very, very little of that money goes to fund shelters and actually none of the small local shelters receive any of that funding at all. They use these tactics to fund their main cause which is end modern animal agriculture and force us to step back to 1900's farming practices. Just look at what they tried to do in Ohio. They were stopped early this year, but they are already at it again, trying to gain enough support from the voters to gain regulatory power. For more information check out Humanewatch.org. I too am an advocate for animal welfare, actually, the only welfare I am an advocate for, but thats another post. I believe that god placed us above animals because they are intended to serve us. We all need to be good stewards, but the only time I will serve an animal is when we sit down at the dinner table.

    ReplyDelete